Be sure to test the bloom postings format on your own use case ... in
my tests (heavy PK lookups) it was slower.

But to answer your question: I would expect a single segment index to
have much faster PK lookups than a multi-segment one, with and without
the bloom postings format, but bloom may make the many-segment case
faster (just be sure to test it yourself).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com