Could be classloader issue. E.g. the jars in tomcat/lib not visible to
whatever is trying to load DIH. Have you tried putting those jars
somewhere else and using "lib" directive in solrconfig.xml instead to
point to them?

Regards,
   Alex.
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM, William Pierce <evalsi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have gotten solr 4.3 up and running on tomcat7/windows7.  I have added the
> two dataimport handler jars (found in the dist folder of my solr 4.3
> download) to the tomcat/lib folder (where I also placed the solr.war).
>
> Then I added the following line to my solrconfig.xml:
>
> <requestHandler name="/dataimport"
> class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">
>     <lst name="defaults">
>       <str name="config">dih-config.xml</str>
>     </lst>
> </requestHandler>
>
> When I start tomcat, I get the stack trace shown below (commenting out the
> above lines causes tomcat & solr to start up just fine).

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)