On first, the cron job that hits the DIH trigger URL will probably be
the easiest way.

Not sure I understood the second question. How do you store/know that
the entries expire. And how do you pull for those specific entries?

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)