Can you se the ShingleFilterFactory? It is ngrams for terms rather than
characters. If you limited it to two term ngrams, when the user presses
space after their first word, you could do a suggested query against
your two term ngram field, which would suggest Jason Bourne, Jason
Statham, etc then you press space after "Jason".

Upayavira