Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:15 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: copyField generates "multiple values encountered for non multiValued field"

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
Look in the Solr log - the error message should tell you what the multiple
values are. For example,

95484 [qtp2998209-11] ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  –
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR: [doc=doc-1] multiple values
encountered for non multiValued field content_s: [def, abc]

One of the values should be the value of the field that is the source of the
copyField. Maybe the other value will give you a clue as to where it came
from.

Check your SolrJ code - maybe you actually do try to initialize a value in
the field that is the copyField target.

I see the values in the stack trace:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR:
[doc=8f60d040-3462-4b28-998f-fd05a64f1cd8:/] multiple values
encountered for non multiValued field name2: [rename, rename]

It is just twice the value of source-field and I am not referencing
that field in my java code.