On 6/6/2013 3:50 AM, Bernd Fehling wrote:
> What helped me a lot was switching to G1GC.
> Faster, smoother, very little ripple, nearly no sawtooth.

When I tried G1, it did indeed produce a better looking memory graph,
but it didn't do anything about my GC pauses.  They were several seconds
with just CMS and NewRatio, and they actually seemed to get slightly
worse when I tried G1 instead.

To solve the GC pause problem, I've had to switch back to CMS and tack
on several more tuning options, most of which are CMS-specific.  I'm not
sure how to tune G1.  Have you done any additional tuning?

Thanks,
Shawn