I have recently enabled facet.missing=true in solrconfig.xml which gives
null facet values also. As I understand it, the syntax to do a faceted
search on a null value is something like this:
&fq=-price:[* TO *]
So when I want to search on a particular value (for example : 4)  OR null
value, I would expect the syntax to be something like this:
&fq=(price:4+OR+(-price:[* TO *]))
But this does not work. After searching around for more, read somewhere
that the right way to achieve this would be:
fq=-(-price:4+AND+price:[*+TO+*])
Now this does work but seems like a very roundabout way. Is there a better
way to achieve this ?

I use solrJ in Solr 3.4.

Thank you.

- Rahul