3. Too hard to say from the way you have described it. Show us some sample
input.

Jack,

Here you go.

*Row X*
column1: "data here"
column2: "more data here"
user_id: 2002

*Row Y*
column1: "data here"
column2: "more data here"
user_id: 45

*Row Z*
column1: "data here"
column2: "more data here"
user_id: 45664

So what I plan on doing before inserting into mysql, which is where solr
pulls the data from, is shrinking similar datasets into one row:

*Single Row XYZ*
column1: "data here"
column2: "more data here"
user_id: "2002 45 45664"

Then I would like to have solr parse the user_id as a string.  I just want
to be sure that there wont be any fuzzy searching happening against the
user_id.  That is, 566 shouldn't be a valid value for the user_id list
above.  It has to return exact results based on user ids.  Also I am
wondering if this will affect performance at all, but I am thinking not
because solr is very fast in general.

Regards,
Nate