On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 14:55 +0200, John Nielsen wrote:
> Sorry for not getting back to the list sooner.

Time not important, only feedback important (apologies to Fifth
Element).

> After some major refactoring, our 15 cores have now turned into ~500 cores
> and our memory consumption has dropped dramaticly. Running 200 webshops now
> actually uses less memory as our 24 test shops did before.

That's great to hear. One core/shop also sounds like a cleaner setup.

> I looked at the wiki, but could not find any reference to this unintuitive
> way of using memory. Did I miss it somewhere?

I am not aware of a wikified explanation, but a section on "Why does
Solr use so much memory?" with some suggestions for changes to setup
would seem appropriate. You are not the first to have these kinds of
problems.

Thank you for closing the issue,
Toke Eskildsen