Hi

In continuing a previous conversation, I am attempting to not have to do
optimizes on our continuously updated index in solr3.6.1 and I came across the
mention of the reclaimDeletesWeight setting in this blog:
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/02/visualizing-lucenes-segment-merges.html

We do a *lot* of deletes in our index so I want to make the merges be more
aggressive on reclaiming deletes, but I am having trouble finding much out
about this setting.  Does anyone have experience with this setting?  Would the
below accomplish what I want ie for it to go after deletes more aggressively
than normal?  I got the impression 10.0 was the default from looking at this
code but I could be wrong:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Clover-trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/clover-report/org/apache/lucene/index/TieredMergePolicy.html?id=3085

        <mergePolicy class="org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy">
          <int name="maxMergeAtOnce">20</int>
          <int name="segmentsPerTier">8</int>
          <double name="reclaimDeletesWeight">20.0</double>
        </mergePolicy>

Thanks

Robert (Robi) Petersen
Senior Software Engineer