I am running Solr 4.3.0, using DIH to import data from MySQL.  I am running
into a very strange problem where data from a datetime column being
imported with the right date but the time is 00:00:00.  I tried using SQL
DATE_FORMAT() and also DIH DateFormatTransformer but nothing works.  The
raw debug response of DIH, it looks like the time porting of the datetime
data is already 00:00:00 in Solr jdbc query result.

So I looked at the source code of DIH JdbcDataSource class.  It is using
java.sql.ResultSet and its getDate() method to handle date column.  The
getDate() method returns java.sql.Date.  The java api doc for java.sql.Date

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/Date.html

states that:

"To conform with the definition of SQL DATE, the millisecond values wrapped
by a java.sql.Date instance must be 'normalized' by setting the hours,
minutes, seconds, and milliseconds to zero in the particular time zone with
which the instance is associated."

This seems to be describing exactly my problem.  Has anyone else notice
this problem?  Has anyone use DIH to index SQL datetime successfully?  If
so can you send me the relevant portion of the DIH config?

Bill