That's a good idea, I'll try that next week.

Thanks!

Tim

On 29/06/13 12:39 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
Tim:

Yeah, this doesn't make much sense to me either since,
as you say, you should be seeing some metrics upon
occasion. But do note that the underlying cache only gets
filled when getting documents to return in query results,
since there's no autowarming going on it may come and
go.

But you can test this pretty quickly by lengthening your
autocommit interval or just not indexing anything
for a while, then run a bunch of queries and look at your
cache stats. That'll at least tell you whether it works at all.
You'll have to have hard commits turned off (or openSearcher
set to 'false') for that check too.

Best
Erick