Hi,

When doing distributed searches with shards.tolerant set whilst the hosts for a
slice are down and therefore the response is partial, how best that inferred as
we would like to not cache the results upstream and perhaps inform the end user
in some way.

I am aware that shards.info could be used, however I am concerned this may have
performance implications due to cost parsing the response from solr and perhaps
some extra cost incurred by solr to generate the response.

Perhaps an http header could be added or another attribute added to the solr
result node.

Phil

"brightsolid" is used in this email to collectively mean brightsolid online
innovation limited and its subsidiary companies brightsolid online publishing
limited and brightsolid online technology limited.
findmypast.co.uk is a brand of brightsolid online publishing limited.
brightsolid online innovation limited, Gateway House, Luna Place, Dundee
Technology Park, Dundee DD2 1TP.  Registered in Scotland No. SC274983.
brightsolid online publishing limited, The Glebe, 6 Chapel Place, Rivington
Street, London EC2A 3DQ. Registered in England No. 04369607.
brightsolid online technology limited, Gateway House, Luna Place, Dundee
Technology Park, Dundee DD2 1TP.  Registered in Scotland No. SC161678.

Email Disclaimer

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately. It is expressly
declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form part of a contract or
unilateral obligation. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of brightsolid shall be
This email has been scanned by the brightsolid Email Security System. Powered
by MessageLabs