It sounds like 4.4 will have an RC next week, so the prospects for block join in 4.4 are kind of dim. I mean, such a significant feature should have more than a few days to bake before getting released. But... who knows what Yonik has planned!

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: adfel70
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:41 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Converting nested data model to solr schema

As you see it, does SOLR-3076 fixes my problem?

Is SOLR-3076 fix getting into solr 4.4?

Mikhail Khludnev wrote
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM, adfel70 <

adfel70@

> wrote:

This requires me to override the solr document distribution mechanism.
I fear that with this solution I may loose some of solr cloud's
capabilities.

It's not clear whether you aware of
http://searchhub.org/2013/06/13/solr-cloud-document-routing/ , but what
you
did doesn't sound scary to me. If it works, it should be fine. I'm not
aware of any capabilities that you are going to loose.
Obviously SOLR-3076 provides astonishing query time performance, with
offloading actual join work into index time. Check it if you current
approach turns slow.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev