On 2 July 2013 20:05, kowish.adamosh <kowish.adam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I have simple use case to implement but I have problem with date based
> partitioning... Here are some rules:
>
> 1. At the beginning I have to create huge index (10GB) based on one db
> table.
> 2. Every day I have to update this index.
> 3. 99,999% are queries based on date field (*data from last 2 months*).
[...]

Before you start complicating things, have you measured the
performance of having everything in one shard? It is quite
likely that a 10GB index would have adequate performance
on reasonable hardware. Your mileage may vary, but I would
try to measure the performance from a single index first.

Regards,
Gora