I have the same question. My purpose is to start the dih full process on
the leader and not on a replica.
I tried full import on a replica but watching logs it seemed to me that the
replica was loading data to send it to the leader which in turn has to
update all the replicas.
At least this is what I saw with solr 4.2.1

Giovanni