Ok, in the scenario where the calling "app" uses SolrJ and creates a
CloudSolrServer to send all its requests in.  In that case, yes I can see
the logic that says CloudSolrServer shouldn't load balance that (its not
that type of request), it should forward it on to all the servers in the
cloud.  What will happen to the responses, do you get N (independent)

I confess we don't use SolrJ (our clients are C++), so we just manually
send the request to all the servers in the cloud (will integrate with ZK
when we work out that interface) so it would be nice if HTTP callers could
do the same (maybe something like "distrib=true|false" on the LukeRequest
as a shot in the dark, caller can request details from 1 server, or from
the cloud as a whole?)

Is there a way to send the Threads (/admin/threads) and stats requests
(/admin/mbeans)?  We also use them for monitoring (we can't deploy the
web-based monitoring tools for various internal reasons which I won't bore
you with!), but I can't see a request in SolrJ that would map to them?