Usually a car term and a car part term will look radically different. So, simply use the edismax query parser and set "qf" to be both the car and car part fields. If either matches, the document will be selected. And if you have a "type" field, you can check that to see if a car or part was matched in the results.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Mysurf Mail
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:38 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: two types of answers in my query

Hi,
A general question:

Let's say I have Car And CarParts 1:n relation.

And I have discovered that the user had entered in the search field instead
of car name - a part serial number (SKU).
(I discovered it useing regex)

Is there a way to fetch different types of answers in Solr?
Is there a way to fetch mixed types in the answers?
Is there something similiar to that and how is that feature called?

Thank you.