I am using SolrJ in a Java (actually jruby) project, with Solr 4.3.

When I instantiate an HttpSolrServer, I get the dreaded:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpClientUtil).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

Using SolrJ as an embedded library in my own software, what is the proper or 'best practice' way -- or failing that, just any way at all -- to initialize log4j under Solr 4.3?

I am not super familiar with Java or log4j; hopefully there is an easy way to do this?

(If someone has a way especially suited for jruby, even better; but just a standard Java answer would be great too.)

Thanks for any advice!