Unloading a core is the known way to unregister a solr node in zookeeper
(and not use for further querying). It works for me. If you didn't do that
like this, unused nodes may remain in the cluster state and Solr may try to
use them without a success. I'd suggest to start some machine with the old
name, run solr, join the cluster for a while, unload a core to unregister
it from the cluster and shutdown host at the end. This way you could have
clear cluster state.