Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 12:34 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to improve (keyword) relevance?

Sure, let's say the user types in test pdf;
we need the results with all the query words to be near the top of the
result set.
the query will look like this: /select?q=text%3Atest+pdf&wt=xml

How do I ensure that the top resultset contains all of the query words?
How can I boost the first (or second) term when they are both the same field
(i.e. text)?

Does this make sense?

Please bear with me; I'm still new to the solr query syntax so I don't even
know if I'm asking the right question.