Do you need all of the fields loaded every time and are they stored? Maybe
there is a document with gigantic content that you don't actually need but
it gets deserialized anyway. Try lazy loading
setting: enableLazyFieldLoading in solrconfig.xml

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)