Oh cool!  I'm glad it at least seemed to work.  Can you post your
configuration of the field type and report from Solr's logs what the
"maxLevels" is used for this field, which is logged the first time you use
the field type?

Maybe there isn't a limit under 10B after all.  Some quick'n'dirty
calculations I just did indicate there shouldn't be a problem but real-world
usage will be a better proof.  Indexing probably won't be terribly slow,
queries could get pretty slow if the amount of indexed data is really high.
I'd love to hear how it works out for you.  Your use-case would benefit a
lot from an improved prefix tree implementation.

I don't gather how a 3rd dimension would play into this.  Support for
multi-dimensional spatial is on the drawing board.

~ David

Kevin Stone wrote

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book