Note that this can lead to performance issues.  Queries with lots of
hits require lots of scoring and this will make queries slower.
We had this case with a client about 2 weeks ago.  We were able to
spot this change in the change in the average number of hits
before/after query changes (meant to help with relevance) using
Sematext Search Analytics which clearly shows a spike in the number of
queries with lots of hits (very "loose" queries) and we were able to
correlate that with performance issues.

So careful with expanding your queries too much without watching
before/after performance.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/