Well, a full import is going to re-import everything in the database, and the
presumption is that each every document would be replaced (because
presumably you're <uniqueKey> is the same). So every document
will be deleted and re-added. So essentially you'll get a completely
new index every time.

In 3.6 are you sure you weren't doing a delta query?

Best
Erick