This has been suggested, but so far it's not been implemented
as far as I know.

I'm curious though, how many shards are you dealing with? I
wonder if it would be a better idea to try to figure out _why_
you so often have a slow shard and whether the problem could
be cured with, say, better warming queries on the shards...

Best
Erick