Thanks for sharing, Roman. I'll look into your code.

One more thought on your suggestion, Shawn. In fact, for the id, we need
more than "unique" and "rangeable"; we also need some sense of atomic
values. Your approach might run into risk with a text-based id field, say:

the id/key has values 'a', 'c', 'f', 'g', and our pagesize is 2. Your
suggestion would work fine. But with newly added documents, there is no
guarantee that they are not going to use the key value 'b'. And this new
document would be missed in your algorithm, right?