Hi Marta,

Presumably you are indexing polygons -- I suspect complex ones.  There isn't
too much that you can do about this right now other than index them in
parallel.  I see you are doing this in 2 threads; try 4, or maybe even 6.
Also, ensure that maxDistErr is reflective of the smallest distance you need
to distinguish between.  It may help a little but not much.  I can think of
some internal code details that might be improved but that doesn't help you
now.

There's some generic Solr things you can do to improve indexing performance
too like increasing the indexing buffer size (100MB -> 200MB) and the
mergeFactor (10->20 albeit temporarily and/or issue optimize), both in
solrconfig.xml.

Changing the servlet engine won't help. Calling server.addBean(item) isn't a
problem either.

~ David

Simonian, Marta M (US SSA) wrote

-----