On 8/5/2013 2:35 AM, Mysurf Mail wrote:
> When I query using
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/vault/select?q=*:*
>
> I get reuslts including the following
>
> <doc>
>   <int name="VersionNumber">7</int>
> </doc>
>
> Now I try to get only that row so I add to my query fq=VersionNumber:7
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/vault/select?q=*:*&fq=VersionNumber:7
>
> And I get nothing.
> Any idea?

Is the VersionNumber field indexed?  If it's not, you won't be able to
search on it.

If you change your schema so that the field has 'indexed="true", you'll
have to reindex.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToReindex

When you are retrieving a single document, it's better to use the q
parameter rather than the fq parameter.  Querying a single document will
pollute the cache.  It's a lot better to pollute the queryResultCache
than the filterCache.  The former is generally much larger than the
latter and better able to deal with pollution.

Thanks,
Shawn