Hi,
I have a confusion over choosing Cores or Shards for the project scenario.
My scenario is as follows
I have three entities
 1. Customers
 2. Product Info
 3. Listings [Contains all the listings posted by customer based on product]

I'm planning to design Solr structure for the above scenario like this
 1. Customers Core
 2. Product Info Core
 3. Listings Core
 4. Searchable Listing Core [Indexing searchable parameters selected from
Listings, Product Info and Customer entities].

Having in mind that there wouldn't be much updates to Customers, Product
Info. There will be regular updates to Listings that in turn I need to
update Searchable listings that I could manage it.

My Confusion is it feasible to choose many cores or use shards. I do not
have much experience on how shards works and why they are used for. I would
like to know the suggestions :-) for the design like this.
What are the implications if I were to choose to use many cores and handle
stuff at application level calling different cores.

Thanks