Torsten

Von: Jack Krupansky
Gesendet: ?Mittwoch?, ?7?. ?August? ?2013 ?20?:?05
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org

Three zookeepers give you bare minimum high availability - one can go down.

But... I would personally assert that running embedded zookeeper is
inherently not "high availability", just by definition (okay, by MY
definition.)

You didn't say whether you were running embedded zookeeper or not.

But if you were, to be HA, your cluster should be able to have all but one
node per shard go down and your cluster should still service both queries
and updates. But with embedded zookeeper on a four-node cluster, taking down
two of the nodes running embedded zookeeper would make zookeeper no longer
usable, and hence your cluster would not be HA.

-- Jack Krupansky