Hi All,

I am running some benchmarks to tune our Solr 4.3 cloud and noticed that while
the reported QTime  is quite satisfactory (100 ms or so), the elapsed time is
quite large (around 5 seconds). The collection contains 12.8M documents and the
index size on disk is about 35 GB.. I have only one shard and 4 replicas (we
intent to have 5 shards but wanted to see how Solr would perform with only one
shard so that we could benefit from all Solr functions)

I checked for huge GC but found none. I also checked if we had intensive IO and
we don't. All five nodes have 48GB of ram of which 4GB is allocated to Tomcat 7
and Solr. The caches have a hit ratio over 80%. Zookeeper is running on the
same boxes (5 instances, one per node) but there does not seem to be much
activity going on.

This is a sample query:

http://10.0.5.211:8201/solr/Current/select?fq=position_first_seen_date_id:[3484
TO 3516]&q= (title:java OR semi_clean_title:java OR
ad_description:java)&rows=10&start=0&fl=job_id,position_id,super_alias_id,advertiser,super_alias,credited_source_id,position_first_seen_date_id,position_last_seen_date_id,
 position_posted_date_id, position_refreshed_date_id, position_job_type_id,
position_function_id,position_green_code,title_id,semi_clean_title_id,clean_title_id,position_empl_count,place_id,
 state_id,county_id,msa_id,country_id,position_id,position_job_type_mva,
ad_activity_status_id, position_score,
ad_score,position_salary,position_salary_range_id,position_salary_source,position_naics_6_code,position_education_level_id,

is_staffing,is_bulk,is_anonymous,is_third_party,is_dirty,ref_num,tags,lat,long,position_duns_number,url,advertiser_id,
 title, semi_clean_title, ad_description, position_description, ad_bls_salary,
position_bls_salary, covering_source_id,
content_model_id,position_soc_2011_8_code&group.field=position_id&group=true&group.ngroups=false&group.main=true&sort=position_first_seen_date_id
 desc,score desc

Any idea what could cause this?