Shishir,
Use the location_rpt type and index circles of the business and the distance
they serve with this syntax:  <field name="myfieldName">Circle(lat,lon
d=degreesRadius)</field>
Your query shape is then simply a point; use bbox query parser with d=0.

This approach should scale *great* at query time.  Erick suggesting using
function queries for filtering, which could work but the worse-case
performance can be bad (e.g. no other filtering and tons of data).

~ David
p.s. I'm on vacation so I'm not very responsive and my replies are less
descriptive

Shishir Jain wrote

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book