I have additional examples in the two most recent early access releases of my book - variations on using the existing update processors.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Federico Chiacchiaretta
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:39 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Concat 2 fields in another field

Hi,
we do the same thing using an update request processor chain, this is the
snippet from solrconfig.xml

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="concatenation">
<processor class="solr.CloneFieldUpdateProcessorFactory"> <str name="source"
class="solr.CloneFieldUpdateProcessorFactory"> <str name="source">lastname</
"solr.ConcatFieldUpdateProcessorFactory"> <str name="fieldName">concatfield
<processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" /> <processor class=
"solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
</updateRequestProcessorChain>

Regards,
Federico Chiacchiaretta