I just tried commitWithin with the standard Solr example in Solr 4.4 and it
works fine.

Can you reproduce your problem using the standard Solr example in Solr 4.4?

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Ryan, Brent
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:39 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: JSON update request handler & commitWithin

I'm prototyping a search product for us and I was trying to use the
"commitWithin" parameter for posting updated JSON documents like so:

curl -v
'http://localhost:8983/solr/proposal.solr/update/json?commitWithin=10000'
--data-binary @rfp.json -H 'Content-type:application/json'

However, the commit never seems to happen as you can see below there are still
2 docsPending (even 1 hour later).  Is there a trick to getting this to work
with submitting to the json update request handler?