Hi,

I'm runing solr 4.0 but using legacy distributed search set up. I set the
shards parameter for search, but indexing into each solr shards directly.
The problem I have been experiencing is building connection with solr
shards. If I run a query, by using wget, to get number of records from each
individual shards (50 of them) sequentially, the request will hang at some
shards (seems random). The wget log will say the connection is established
but waiting for response. At that point I thought that the Solr shard might
be under high load, but the strange behavior happens when I send another
request to the send shard (using wget again) from another thread, the
response comes back, and will trigger something in Solr to send back
response for the first request I have sent before.

This also happens in my daily indexing. If I send an commit, it will some
times hangs. However, if I send another commit to the same shard, both
commit will come back fine.

I'm running Solr on stock jetty server, and sometime back my boss told me to
set the maxIdleTime to 50000000 for indexing purpose. I'm not sure if this
have anything to do with the strange behavior that I'm seeing right now.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Qun