Hi,
In order to delete part of my index I run a delete by query that intends to
erase 15% of the docs.
I added this params to the solrconfig.xml
<mergePolicy class="org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy">
   <int name="maxMergeAtOnce">2</int>
   <int name="maxMergeAtOnceExplicit">2</int>
   <double name="maxMergedSegmentMB">5000.0</double>
   <double name="reclaimDeletesWeight">10.0</double>
   <double name="segmentsPerTier">15.0</double>
</mergePolicy>

The extra params were added in order to promote merge of old segments but
with restriction on the transient disk that can be used (as I have only
15GB per shard).

This procedure failed on a no space left on device exception, although
proper calculations show that these params should cause no usage excess of
the transient free disk space I have.
 Looking on the infostream I can see that the first merges do succeed but
older segments are kept in reference thus cannot be deleted until all the
merging are done.

Is there anyway of overcoming this?