Sounds like you want a custom UpdateRequestProcessor chain that checks if
the document already exists with given primary key and does not even bother
passing it on to the next processor in the chain.

This would make sense as an optimization or as a first step in a complex
update chain that perhaps uses a lot of external resources to pre-process
the content (e.g. named entities extraction).

I don't think such URP exist at the moment? But it should be simple to
write one assuming URPs can do lookups by primary IDs and have go/no-go
decisions on individual documents. Anybody knows the details of this?

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Luis Portela Afonso <meligalet...@gmail.com