Perhaps you are running the update request more than once accidentally?

Can you try using optimistic update with _version_ while sending the
update? This way, if some part of your code is making a duplicate request
then Solr would throw an error.

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Updating+Parts+of+Documents

--