Hi

We have a SOLRCloud cluster of 3 solr servers (v4.5.0 running under tomcat)
with 1 shard. We added a new SOLR server (v4.5.1) by simply starting tomcat
and pointing it at the zookeeper ensemble used by the existing cluster. My
understanding was that this new server would handshake with zookeeper and
add itself as a replica to the existing cluster.

What has actually happened is that the server is in zookeeper's live_nodes,
but is not in the clusterstate.json file. It also does not have a
CORE/collection associated with it.

Any ideas? I assume I am missing a step. Do I have to manually create the
core on the new server?

Cheers
Ade