Hello,

I keep seeing here and on Stack Overflow people trying to deploy Solr to
Tomcat. We don't usually ask why, just help when where we can.

But the question happens often enough that I am curious. What is the actual
business case. Is that because Tomcat is well known? Is it because other
apps are running under Tomcat and it is ops' requirement? Is it because
Tomcat gives something - to Solr - that Jetty does not?

It might be useful to know. Especially, since Solr team is considering
making the server part into a black box component. What use cases will that
break?

So, if somebody runs Solr under Tomcat (or needed to and gave up), let's
use this thread to collect this knowledge.

Regards,
   Alex.
- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)