Hi All,

Is it possible to perform a facet field query on a subset of documents (the
subset being defined via a filter query for instance)?

I understand that facet pivoting might work, but it would require that the
subset be defined by some field hierarchy, e.g. manufacturer -> price (then
only look at the results for the manufacturer I'm interested in).

What if I wanted to define a more complex subset (where the name starts
with A but ends with Z and some other field is greater than 5 and yet
another field is not 'x', etc.)?

Ideally I would then define a "facet field constraining query" to include
only terms from documents that pass this query.

Thanks,
Luis