I think when a replica becomes leader, it tries to sync *from* all the
other replicas to see if anyone else is more up to date than it is, then it
syncs back out *to* the replicas.  But that probably won't happen in your
case, since when replica1 comes back (step 4) it is the only contender, so
it can't sync then.

So I know Solr has support for 2-way sync, but whether it will happen in
step 5 (when the other replica comes back up), I'm not honestly sure...
Would need to delve into the code to check.