Zwer,

I think it may be a bit dangerous as jetty may start to do some connection
management and expect the client to do so.
However, if you look into http/1.0 you have a little chance that doing simple
http calls is as simple as socket connections.

What could be the reason not to use a decent http client library? There's so
many out there.

paul