Hi Mathias,

I'd recommend testing one thing at a time.  See if you can get it to work
for one image before you try a directory of images.  Also try testing using
the solr-testframework using your ide (I use Eclipse) to debug rather than
your browser/print statements.  Hopefully that will give you some more
specific knowledge of what's happening around your plugin.

I also wrote an EntityProcessor plugin to read from a properties
file<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3928>.
 Hopefully that'll give you some insight about this kind of Solr plugin and
testing them.

Cheers,
Tricia