Hello this is my 1st post to you group I am in the process of setting up a
development environment using solr.  We will require multiple cores managed by
multiple users in the following layout.  I am running a fairly vanilla version
of 4.6

<solrHome>
/home/camp/example/solr/solr.xml

<cores>
/home/user1/solr/core.properties
/home/user2/solr/core.properties

If I manually add the core from admin everything works fine I can index etc but
when I kill the server the core information is no longer available.  I need to
delete the core.properties file and recreate core from admin.

I since have learned that this should be done with Core Discovery.  Mainly
setting coreRootDirectory which logically in this case should be /home.  But
solr is not finding the core even if I set the directory directly. ie
/home/user1/solr/ or /home/user1/.  I must be missing another config and was
hoping for some insight.

## solr.xml
<solr>
  <!-- <str name="coreRootDirectory">${coreRootDirectory:/home}</str> -->

  <solrcloud>
    <str name="host">${host:}</str>
    <int name="hostPort">${jetty.port:8883}</int>
    <str name="hostContext">${hostContext:solr}</str>
    <int name="zkClientTimeout">${zkClientTimeout:15000}</int>
    <bool name="genericCoreNodeNames">${genericCoreNodeNames:true}</bool>
  </solrcloud>

  <shardHandlerFactory name="shardHandlerFactory"
    class="HttpShardHandlerFactory">
    <int name="socketTimeout">${socketTimeout:0}</int>
    <int name="connTimeout">${connTimeout:0}</int>
  </shardHandlerFactory>

</solr>

Thanks
-Sam