I think he want to do a bunch of separate queries and return separate result sets for each.

Hmmm... maybe it would be nice to allow multiple "q" parameters in one query request, each returning a separate set of results.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Erick Erickson
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2014 2:08 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Score of Search Term for every character remove

Maybe edgeNgram tokenizer? You haven't told us what the fields in the docs
you care about are....

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:48 AM, Lusung, Abner <abner.lus...@vishay.com>wrote:

 Hi,

I'm new with using SOLR and I'm curious if this is capable of doing the
following or similar.

Sample:

Query: "ABCDEF"

Returns:

ABCDEF > 0 hits

ABCDE > 2 hits

ABCD > 3 hits

ABC > 10 hits

AB > 20 hits

A > 100 hits

In one request only.

Thanks.

*Abner G. Lusung Jr.*| Java Web Development, Internet and Commerce,
Global Web Services  | Vishay Philippines Inc.

10th Floor Pacific Star Building, Makati Avenue corner Buendia Avenue,
Makati City, Philippines 1200

Phone: +63 2 8387421 loc. 7995 | Mobile: +63 9169674514

Website : www.vishay.com

[image: Vishay] <http://www.vishay.com/>