Hi William,

I doubt this is a bug.

I tried on Solr 4.5.1. Indexed documents using "java -jar post.jar *.xml"

This is the query that I fired -
http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=*:*&wt=json&indent=true&rows=0&facet=true&facet.limit=1&facet.field=name&facet.field=name

And here is the response I got - https://gist.github.com/vthacker/8800846

The JSON spec says that the names don't necessarily be unique. See 2.2 on
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt

There is a similar problem when indexing documents in JSON with the
multiple "add" keys.

Not sure if it will be helpful but I found this for Jackson
deserialization - "FAIL_ON_READING_DUP_TREE_KEY" (
https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind/wiki/Deserialization-Features)

--

Regards,
Varun Thacker