solr user group -

    I'm afraid I may have a scenario where I might need to define a few
thousand fields in Solr. The context here is, this type of data is extremely
granular and unfortunately cannot be grouped into logical groupings or
aggregate fields because there is a need to know which granular field contains
the data, and those field needs to be searchable.

 With that said, I expect each <doc> to not contain more than 100 fields with
loaded data at a given time. Its just not clear of the few thousand fields
created, which ones will have the data pertaining to that doc.

I'm just wondering here if there is any defined limit to how many fields can be
created within a schema? I'm sure the configuration maintenance of a schema
like this would be a nightmare, but would like to know if its at all possible
in the first place before It may be attempted.

Thanks in advance -
Mike