Hi Chris,

An example for point 3 could be -
&boost=recip(field(domainRank),0.1,1,1)

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery#recip
"recip(x,m,a,b) implementing a/(m*x+b). m,a,b are constants, x is any
numeric field or arbitrarily complex function."

So with these values when domainRank is 1 it will multiply by10, when
domain rank is 10 it will multiplied by 1 and so on.

You could choose better values of a,b and m to suit your data

--

Regards,
Varun Thacker